You might have seen the fairground rides many times in funfair. Have you ever thought how does it operate? What type of mechanism is used in it? It is the hydraulic power pack that helps in the operation of fairground rides. You won’t see it easily as it is in-built. It not only helps to drive the ride but also acts as a safety component.
When you take the ride, you never think of safety. You only want to have fun and enjoy the ride. However, the manufacturer of the ride, the component suppliers and the power pack builder has already taken care of the safety of people taking the ride.
Basically, hydraulic power packs are self-contained unites used instead of an integrated power supply for hydraulic machinery. In a hydraulic system, fluid under pressure is used to transmit power from one location to another for a machine operation. Hydraulic power pack can deliver this power on a transportable scale.
They are significant in variety of situations, specifically when it comes to outdoor industrial work and work that is far from any larger-scale, integrated hydraulic system.
The Appearance of Hydraulic Power Packs
Hydraulic power packs are of different sizes and designs but are likely to be reasonably designed for maintaining their mobility and this is one of the greatest benefits. Most of the hydraulic power pack models are small and compact while some of them are large and stable.
Each of the hydraulic power packs is simply identifiable with the help of its main part. Whether the unit is large or small, it will always include the below components:
- A Hydraulic Reservoir
- A Motor & Pump
- Pressure Regulators
- Direction controlling valves
- NRV &Throttle valves
Working of the Hydraulic Power Pack Components
- The Hydraulic Reservoir – The Hydraulic Reservoir helps to control the fluid that the hydraulic system depends on. They can come in a variety of different sizes, but are always easily identifiable.
- The Motor & The Pump –The pump is powered with the motor. It then pressurizes the hydraulic liquid and ensures that it moves around the system. The liquid in the reservoir is pulled by the pump by creating a vacuum, before forcing it throughout the remaining lines of hydraulic system.
- The Pressure Regulators – The Regulators help in controlling and maintaining the amount of pressure that the hydraulic power pack delivers to the attached piece of equipment.
- Direction controlling valves – The oil flow’s direction can be controlled by direction control valves i.e to control or change the hydraulic actuator’s movement. The direction control valve may have a different actuation types. For example – Solenoid actuated, Pilot actuated, manually (by hand lever) actuated direction control valves. Also it has a variants with respect to way and positions.
- NRV &Throttle Valve – General function of NRV (non-return valve) is to restrict the flow from opposite direction. It helps to hold the system pressure.
The throttle valve helps to control the velocity of hydraulic actuator by throttling/limiting the oil flow.
- Filtration –It is very necessary to maintain oil cleanliness level i.e. NAS class of oil to run the power pack smooth and trouble-free. Hydraulic system may consist filter in return line or in pump line or in both the lines as applicable. Installing filter in return line avoids entering of contamination (probably large particles, up to 25 microns) in reservoir whereas presence of filter in pump line filters the oil up to 10/5 microns (as applicable). It helps working of hydraulic valves, actuator smoothly and without malfunctioning.
Hydraulic Power Pack Function
Hydraulic power pack through a control valve can be used to deliver high levels of hydraulic power to any part it is connected to. With the increased number of valves, you can power a wide range of machines using hydraulic technology. There are many examples of hydraulic equipment that need to be powered from these portable packs.
Any machine that needs to carry out heavy or regular lifting, it will need help of a hydraulic power pack.
Some practical examples in which hydraulic power pack is used include bulldozers and excavators on a construction site. Other examples may include industrial fishing boats that lift nets out of the water, or mechanics that use them to lift the vehicles at the garage.
Maintenance of Hydraulic Power Packs
Hydraulic power packs need a regular maintenance for effective performance. It also helps them to offer higher safety levels for the operator and extended life.
The maintenance of hydraulic power packs is comparatively simple and requires following checks & to do.
- Checking/replacing seals, washers in between connection and tubing so that the system should be leak proof and safe.
- Checking/replacing the filter element at regular interval. Once the filter element clogged, it should be cleaned or replace to maintain contamination-free oil.
- Hydraulic oil should be changed after certain period as the properties of oil gets wear out.
Lalit Hydraulic Systems offers a Diverse Range of Hydraulic Power Packs
Lalit Hydraulic Systems offers a wide range of hydraulic power packs to meet the requirements in a wide variety of situations. All of our hydraulic power pack models can be used alongside different systems for the effective and reliable results.